Ah, Paris, Paris, Paris!!! La vie en rose … Chabada bada … Such a beautiful city but so much to see! So where to start? Here are my top 15!
1) The Eiffel Tower or as my son used to call it The “Awful” Tower is a must-see!
2) Le Sacré-Coeur and Montmartre with its lovely intricate back streets and its painters. Not really authentic but fun and beautiful nonetheless!
3) For the Romantics: Le Pont des Arts
4) L’Arc de Triomphe and its crazy mad roundabout: 12 main avenues radiate from this star after which the arc is named.
5) Le Centre Georges Pompidou, both a modern and contemporary art gallery and a cultural hub, its amazing structure attracts over 6 million visitors every year!!
6) Notre-Dame de Paris: one of the most popular attractions in Paris but so worth it!!
8) Ride a Bateau-Mouche on the Seine to see many of Paris’s beautiful bridges. You can even book a Bateau-Mouche including a meal, champagne and music!
9) The Musée d’Orsay located in a magnificent former old Beaux Arts railway station displaying the world’s largest collection of impressionist paintings.
10) Enjoy Paris parks such as Le Jardin du Luxembourg near Saint-Germain-des-Prés and second largest park in Paris, where you can bask in a lounge chair while Parisian children play with their sailboats in the fountains: how quaint!!
11) A stroll in Le Marais with its fabulous Hôtels Particuliers, quaint museums, great restaurants, cafés and Boutiques, located in the historic 3rd and 4th arrondissements.
12) Shop on the Grands Boulevards and check the famous Galeries Lafayettes with its beautiful front windows decorations and AMAZING Christmas tree not to be missed!
13) Visit the hidden gem of the Jardin des Tuileries and my old time favorite, le musée de l’Orangerie, where you can discover two amazing collections: Claude Monet’s Water Lilies (The Nympheas) and the Walter-Guillaume collection (post-impressionist).
14) The Palais-Garnier Opera
15) Les Catacombes: The spooky underground ossaries which are believed to hold the remains of over six million people!
I hope that you enjoy your French trip and please please please, leave us some comments if you have visited any of those places!!